Hi Guys. Thank you all for many posts recently.

And MrBean_pm, your name always make me think about the Mr. Bean in England...I love all of his movies..LOL. No problem, I'd always be happy to help.

I have finished the electric PDB setup and tests. I have proved it works now. Here are my test progress reports:

1. I retrofitted the electric actuator to final 145mm length and 8mm traveling as I said in last post. I think it's a good size for PDB. It contains limit switches inside so have no worry about its motor burning or other problems.

2. I designed the bracket to link the electric PDB to the ISO20 spindle unit. The basic structure is pretty much as Ian imagined.. We made a cartridge with 80mm inner diameter and cut a slot on side to permit the belt get through. A iron board was laser cut to fit the cartridge in and has the same dimensions of air cylinders so we can use both electric PDB or air cylinder one. The two parts were welded together and linked to the ISO20 spindle unit with three lock screw pins around.

3. Then I installed the electric PDB on the top of the bracket for some initial tests. I driven it with a 12V 30W transformer with rectifier. The PBD could act but the output force is not as big as thought. I measured the power voltage and found it dropped from 12V to 6.8V when the PDB pushing the spindle drawbar.. Clearly the 30W power is not enough. I turned to a larger power to make sure the voltage near to 12V when the PDB pushing the drawbar. Then it worked and for the first time I be able to insert an ISO20-ER20 tool holder into the spindle..

4. Firstly I only used three bolts because the PDB motor took the 4th blot position. The PDB was a little lean when pushing so I changed the PDB mounting angle and got the 4th bolt installed. Then It's much better.. I run it many times and confirmed the electric PDB works well with the ISO20 spindle The only thing next is to test it many times to see if it works reliable. It takes about 4 seconds per time to release the tool holder.

So for now, the electric PDB development is done successfully. For formal ones I plan to ask the PDB supplier make the motor more power and make a shell for it to look nice.. And a formal control box containing power unit with a control switch, safe device will be come together.

Thanks.
Defeng