Currently...
Custom laptop w/ i7 processor, 16GB Ram (HyperX Black), 1st HDD Samsung 500GB, 2nd HDD Samsung 500GB SSD, 3rd HDD 1TB Sata3, 4th HDD is optical drive caddy (no SSD installed), dedicated graphics card 2GB.

Machine now. Grizzly G0704 will be converting using Hoss's plans. Also Grizzly G0752 lathe (will like to convert it someday).

Software: nothing other than windows 7 pro (64bit) and Microsoft Word installed right now. Thinking about Mach 4, CorelDRAW graphics suite, looking at BobCad V28/Corel CAD/Turbocad Pro right now. - prob about to start with free trials one at a time and see which I like over the next several weeks... I have Autocad at work on my office computer that I play on every now and then (not my job, I just have it on my computer lol) I really don't want to "rent" the software by the month or yearly... I want to buy software to keep bc I don't see myself updating anything in the next several years.

That being said, I don't own my own airplane anymore... haha

Now back to BobCad... you are at a loss that someone has doubts about buying software that has some known problems and the potential buyer now knows that the only way that these issues will ever be addressed and fixed is by spending more money on a support plan in the future? - I call that common sense. Also before your edit, you stated that since I was "new" that BobCad would be more than I'd need for sometime... to justify me buying it anyways I guess? Experience really doesn't matter, I know tons who started out using autocad?!?! and many more who would if they could have.

I'm by no means going to completely not consider BobCAD right now but I will seriously look into other options now a little more actively.