Hello community

I am going to design and build up my project for 5-axis machine, and I would like some advice's, as I avoid to cockup the build with something I simply overlook.

What I want to cut:

I am heavily involved in Mountain Bicycle industry, and I want to create some of my designs. Material in question is 7075-T6 aluminium, and its a pretty tough cookie.
It should be rigid, and reliable, so majority would be used quality parts. I would include Isel ATC spindle.
All of the axis will be ballscrew, while linear rails blocks will be 25-35 mm.
Motors will be steppers, as there is no need for Servo ones. They should be quality build, I was thinking the Japanese ones.
560 Ncm / 6.0A Sanyo Denki Stepper Motor, Stepping Motors.

80x80 thick extruded aluminium profiles will be the basis for the machine, and I am thinking making a classic router, adding the 4th and 5th axis to the table.

Drivers will be either DMS-481 digital stepper motor controller and driver.
or Gecko http://www.geckodrive.com/geckodrive...ves/g203v.html.

Working area will be 200x200x200 mm.

For not I am only good with Mach3, and my programming will be in HSM and SolidCam.

My recent experience with cnc machines goes a long way, as I have built one machine before. End bits will be Iscar and Vfh, which are more then enough.

I am starting to design it from scratch, and I would very appreciate your input, as I have no experience with 5 axis. 5th axis which can be found on Ebay for 400-500 USD could be good for design sample, and I am considering the similar approach but very much over sized for rigidity.

I will update this thread with my designs and my progress.

Cheers,

Marko