Ok,
Followed along the two threads mentioned to help people get started. X Axis win!! now when I was trying to go back and get Y axis under control it just would not work. I had my encoder for Y on channel set 1 but it seemed to be running with the X axis. So I moved it to channel set 2 (a2,a-2,b2,b-2). Almost forgot to move my sig/com to 2, fixed it so everything matched up. No joy. When I input the DAC2=100 it moves, DAC2=0 it creeps just like DAC0 did. Encoder count on the axis screen seems to go up or down with dac2=10 vs dac2=-10.
Now here is where it goes wrong. When I go to config/flash page, load the kanaloginitialpid.mot file again. Change over to step response,, check channel 2 hit zero, zeros then moves to 35, and enable. When I hit the "move" button, it moves X, not Y which should be channel 2 right?
Rechecked the process twice.
Steps work perfect up to the enabling of channel 2, which is y in my cases. Once I do that my Y encoder stops responding to DAC2 issued moves. The moves happen just the encoder doesn't seem to care.. :wee: On the step response page the "move" button on channel 0 and channel 2 only move X axis.
Rechecked my wiring, a,a-, b, b- 5volt, and ground.

Any ideas?