I've been using a 1/2" coated carbide four flute end mill to machine some 1018 steel flat bar. Using the speeds and feeds calculators of my NewFangled wizards software I can generally get a decent finish on my parts but recently I've started to question the numbers being output by this Wizards software.

Is there someone here that uses one of the high-end feeds and speeds calculators that can give me the numbers that your software puts out?
As I've stated; I'm using a half-inch carbide four-flute square coated end mill on 1018 cold rolled. I'm machining with my tormach 770. I want to see if my feeds and speeds come anywhere close to the numbers produced by higher end speeds and feeds calculators.

I generally make shallow cuts of .01"-.015" in order to get a finish that doesn't require alot of post-machining work. I'm afraid if I post my present Feeds and Speeds this request for info might take a turn for the worst and go off on different tangents. I'll post my feeds and speeds after I've gotten some relies from some of you high end software users; or, if you have the NewFangled Wizards software you can input my info into the fields and know what I know for now.

After all is said and done, it may turn out that my end mill is just in need of replacing or sharpening. At any rate; it would be nice to know what your software deems as optimum as far as feeds and speeds go. If possible, an optimum depth of cut would be nice too.

MetalShavings