As the topic says I want to build my first CNC mill but I'm not sure where to start this process. I've found this forum and a few other sources and read up a bit on the subject (still got lots more reading to do). From what I can figure out I think a mill would suit me best as I want to fabricate parts in alu/steel/stainless mostly for my car hobby but maybe also later at a professional level if I can get things working good and to cover some of the investment. I haven't done much machining before and the closest I get tho CNC milling would be my 3d printer at the moment. I know this is two different worlds but some of it is similar. I work with PLC systems (programming/debugging/testing) at work so I got some basic knowledge about electronics but very little in the mechanical department.

I looked at Grizzly G0704, Weiss wmd25v, Weiss wmd30v and Sieg X2 and some Chinese ones on Aliexpress but I can't figure out what I should go for. Shipping also seems to be a problem to Norway cause the shipping of the Grizzly from USA cost more than the machine itself.. The ideal situation would be to buy a Mill that is often rebuilt into a CNC mill so there are "kit" of the parts I need for the conversion as I don't have access to lathe/mill and would have to hire someone to do work like that before I get my CNC mill up and running. Is this possible?

Also what should I expect a project like this to cost? My original budget for this kind of project was $2000 (was then thinking router) but a friend I spoke with said that the last thing I wanted to do was to buy low quality/not rigid equipment when I wanted to be able to mill materials harder than steel. The reason I'm asking is that I could get a Optimum M2 cnc for $7000 and that is including a lot of equipment/cooling/lubrication/tools++ and it does look a lot better than the manual mills I mentioned above but it's also way above my original budget.. I'm kinda clueless on the second hand value of a machine like that as well so I'm going into this part blind but I'm feeling that I learn some while reading through whatever info I can find