Hey all, long time lurker, first time posting.

My situation, I am building a scratch design CNC Router. My first build. Running mach3 on the much hated chinese 5 axis BOB.

I am all wired up and have movement. I got my Y and Z axis on track where it is moving and referencing home correctly. It is sharing the limit switch for referencing home and stopping the machine.

However, my dilemma is I have the X and A slaved together (A slaved to X) and it is functioning correctly and moving in synch. I cant seem to home them though. When I go into the diagnostics page and click Ref A, the A switch moves to the switch, trips it and backs off. The X doesnt move at the same time but waits until the A is done. When the X does move it hits the switch but kills the machine rather than backing off. When I Ref the X axis, both the X and A move simultaneously and I believe the X axis limit kills the machine.

The axis are wired to their own cutoff switches. Ie: the A limit switch goes to the A cutoff on the BOB and the X limit switch goes to the X cutoff on the BOB.

Attached is a simple diagram of my setup.

I am sure I am just overlooking something simple.

Much thanks in advance,

Dub