Hello. I'd like to share my first build with you all. I've documented this build on my website http://www.wadeodesign.com/cnc-router-build.html with pages devoted to an image gallery, description of design details, and a documentation page. I'll attach a couple pics to this post for a glimpse of the design but will not duplicate stuff from the site.

The design is a fixed gantry steel construction using thk linear guides, ball screws, and overall goals of stiffness and simplicity. I tried to avoid fabrication methods (ie welding) in favor of purchase and machine parts.

At the time of this post I've made a few 'first cuts' and now focused on installing switches, tweaking performance, & learning CAM prior to any real work. Still have much to do and will be leaning on all the great knowledge in this forum to help me put the finishing touches together.

Hope you find something interesting on the site.
Cheers

Some basic stats..
Mass: ~ 900 lb.
Cutting area: X=30" Y=24" Z=6"
Linear Guides: THK Linear Bearings X=HSR30 Y=HSR25 Z=HSR20
Linear Motion: NSK 14-04 Rolled Ball Screws for X & Y with Lead Screw 12-02 for Z
Stepper Motors: Schneider MDrive Plus Nema 23 with build in driver
Spindle: TeknoMotor C41/47, 2.0 KW, 24000 RPM, ER25 with Delta 022E21A VFD (220v, 3 phase)
Other: Mach4 software, Ethernet SmoothStepper