Quote Originally Posted by barchdesigns View Post
Hi Lrapso, Yes the Delta drive can drive any voltage motor. The 230V is just the input supply voltage, but the output is set to whatever you want it to be in the Delta Parameters of the drive. You can drive a 50V motor if you want, or a 165V motor, etc. I only suggest this route if you are willing to part with a few more thousand dollars and a lot of time. After doing all this work I found out how easy it is to repair the old Fanuc boards and I actually have abandoned the retrofit for now. I found out all my problems were due to lack of knowledge on how to keep the Fanuc boards tuned up with all their analog voltage adjustments. Someone started a website where you can find and download manuals for Fanuc. I was able to find the service manual for my Fanuc AC Spindle Drive and adjust the variable potentiometers using my oscilloscope. If you have those tools it really is quite easy to tune a drive up. And if your good with electronics it's actually quite simple to swap out the transistors in the drive as well. You can find them for sale in a lot of places and it seems you can find even more used drives pulled out of old machines every day. Fanuc used surplus supply keeps going up and prices keep coming down. Hope that helps. I'm hoping to start a wiki on the projects I've done in the shop to document it further. While I am going to stick with the Fanuc drives for now, there is a lot of knowledge I want to share about how to keep them running.

Also FYI, you have to buy the correct input voltage drive if you want to replace it. So if your shop runs on 440, then you need to buy a 440V input drive, but it can still drive a 230V motor.
Wow this changes things...I am sure my spindle motor DRIVE is alright, its just that the fanuc controller is damaged. How do I control the drive with relatively simple signals? Does it have some sort of 0-10v feature? I have attached a image of the drive... Kindly see if you can have a look.

THANK YOU