Thought I would post my new build of my first cnc which is an XZero Predator 40 x 60. Hopefully this will also help anyone considering an xzero router. Some pics below.

Overall, the machine is great and high quality, by far best value for the $$ from all my online research. Keep in mind, this is my first with no prior experience... however it's not hard to tell why the xzero machines are a great value. I'm sure others are good as well, I just don't have first hand experience. Most of this review is around assembly as I don't have much time routing with..yet!

I initially wanted an all inclusive kit, frame, wires, connectors and an idiots guide to assembling it or a ready to run machine. I thought the xzero might be a bit much to take on..as I was still learning the basics from online reading... what is a switching power supply, controller board, cam and cad software, relays, g-codes, prox sensors, what is the x and y plane and why are some machines different, what type of shielded flex cable do I need... a bit of analysis paralysis. In the end, couldn't be more satisfied with the xzero predator... I learned a lot and all the complicated stuff I thought would trip me up was straight forward. Unknowns always seem hard until you dig in..

Here's the quick specs for my build
- Predator 40 x 60 w/t-slot table top, roughly 34" x 50" cutting area.
- MX4660 with 3 x 640oz stepper motors (easy on the budget to start), running between 300-400 IPM on fast travels.
- UCCNC w/UC100 so I could use a laptop and USB
- IGUS chainflex for all stepper motors and sensors - a little pricier per/foot, but why cheap out to save $50 for cheaper wire.
- Hitachi router,,, when more $$ I'll invest in a techno motor
- 12" x 12" x 8" basic electrical box for electronics... just need to add a fan for cooling... not sure how much heat the PS and MX4660 will generate.

Purchasing
- xzero was quick to respond, almost always within 8-24 hours of sending email.
- Other than a little delay from the holidays for shipping, 2-3 weeks later I had all the frame components, ball screws, rails and was ready to go.

Assembly
- Every part went together like a glove and most parts are machined so they only can assemble in the correct way.
- Instructions guide you through the general order but are not so detailed with every minutia listed... nor do they need to be.
- I soldered steppers to wires and then used wire ferrules to connect to mx4660 controller... aviation connectors would have been nice... but I don't plan to unplug ever... I can still disconnect the connectors on the board. I did used cable glands on my electronics box.

- I just want to now add my sacraficial boards to top for my setup, screwed down using the table slot t-nuts in every other slot on the top...

Tips
- Have really good t-handle allen wrenches... lots of socket cap screws.
- Wire your steppers, sensors and connected to your CAM software.. to ensure it's all wired correctly before bolting to machine.
- A really sturdy bench... I just went with a Kreg shop stand 16guage steel and 1 1/8 mdf top... even with side panels for bracing it still wiggles a little.. would have gone heavier duty. This router is heavy once assembled.
- Don't wait until you have it put together and then decide to mount your leveling feet on the ends.... They are not required, but I wanted it raised just a but so when I mount my pc on the end, the cords can run underneath to the bottom cabinet space.
- If you plan to use medium loctite, get a larger bottle.
- Until you mount and dismount the assembled z-axis a couple times... a friend will help.. now I can do it easily alone.
- For the predator and hitachi router, you do lose some gantry height... get the extension from xzero, otherwise you have to mount the z-axis in the lower position, eliminating most of your clearing for taller materials, clamps and your end mill still will have a hard time reaching the table top/sacrificial board. Techno motors will not have that issue as they hang lower.

That's about it, hopefully this was helpful! I have no connection to xzero other than I bought one and I received nothing free for a positive review.