Hi All,

I have a question regarding the analog control in position mode in dyn4. In position mode, the analog input voltage between AIN+ and AIN- on JP4 of dyn4 can control the rotation angle of motor. Given specific gear ratio, 10 V voltage between AIN+ and AIN- will rotate the motor axis for certain degrees, i.e., n turns. Smaller voltage will rotate proportionally less. This seems that the rotation of the motor axis can never go beyond n turns, if the control voltage is limited to up to 10 V. However, the travel of axis connected to motor may require the motor to move more than n turns to reach the destination. In other words, is it possible to let the motor run at constant speed using analog control in position mode? I can understand that this can be achieved using dir/pul, A/B, or CW/CW control, since these will rotate the motor continuously if pulses are sent to the drive continuously.

I believe I have serious misunderstanding here. I appreciate any helpful comments to help me to understand. Thanks!