I am very new to this so I apologize if I come off ignorant in this area, please bear with me. My company has a HL-90 Tracing System, that is part of a Koike Aronson IK 1200J Cantilever Coordinate Drive Optical Trace Cutting Machine. We want to get CNC set up as everything is manual right now. I've talked with the company and they said the following:

'After we can determine what we are working with we can give an estimate of what will be required to perform the operations you require. You will be looking in the neighborhood of about $16000.00 for the CNC, Interface, Encoders, Basic Software (included free), Isolation Modems, and cables. Plasma select, and any other options will be additional. I have included the software pricing and options list. We will include the basic software at no additional charge if the D11 (Picopath) control is purchased from Koike. This will save about $2900.00.'

My questions are:
1. Is that a fair or accurate price?
2. Is a specific companies hardware proprietary to their software and whatever else needs to be done?
3. Is this something our company could do ourselves and cut the price dramatically?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.