So I recently picked up a K40. It's one of the M2 Corel based ones with the LED light strip and LCD AMP meter, and the LCD tube temp readout. I have added air assist, an a manual adjustable honeycomb bed. For the most part I think I have the majority of it dialed in. moving the head across the gantry to the 4 corner and test firing, I am hitting pretty darn close together into the entry hole of the head.

But here is where i am having issues. When the head fires downwards, I can see two dots, and one is quite a distance away from the other (about 5-10mm between them) So somehow, my beam is losing focus from the entry point into the final mirror on the head, and down into the lens. I have used the 12mm lens that comes with it and an 18mm from LightObjects, but it seem to still be splitting the beam somehow no matter what lens is installed. I am not sure how to correct this.. or what is causing it. So with this ghost beam, my engraving is making shadows and i am sure the reason i cant cut is due to not enough focus of the beam.

I included am image below, where you can see a star, and then above it the ghosting effect caused by this beam issue.

Any advise on what to tweak next would be appreciated, or sugestions on how to trouble shoot this issue.

thanks
- Sam