Im trying to figure out the tail stock on my 94 LNC-8 with OSP5020...
Everything I can find in the manuals for this machine talk about a limit switches - where you set the depth range with a rod that is connected to the quill. Then you have an over travel, in position, and retracted limit switch. Thats all well and good, and I completely understand how that would operate... but my machine does not have that. There are no switches inside the tailstock, no rod connected to the quill, and no wires going to the tail stock at all. Only two hydraulic hoses and a lube line. I pulled the plate that is to house the switches and there is nothing there. And there is a cover plate where I would expect the rod would enter the housing.

I thought I would ask before I spent a bunch of time messing around. Anyone familiar with this set up? I was initially wondering if there was just a timer on the tail stock (like on the chuck on an old OSP3000L control I have) but with the tail stock turning enabled, I just get an error that the tail stock is not in position... so I figured thats not the case.

Im guessing Im just not seeing the obvious here...

Thanks
Wade