Hello everyone, Two weeks ago I purchased a Warner Swasey WSC-6, I believe the machine is a 1988. This machine has a Fanuc 0t, and I think it's a model A. It doesn't have the buttons on the screen.
It had problems but I fixed them and the machine can run a program.

Now the problem I am having is the Measure function on this controller appears broken. Let me explain, I had an 1982 Miyano BNC-34 with a Fanuc 3t controller. to set the tools you'd move the tool down to the stock, make your witness cut. move the machine back in Z only and measure your cut. Go to your tool offset page, select the tool and punch in MX1.5 then INPUT. Pretty much standard on all modern machines without a tool probe.

Now back to the Fanuc 0tA, When I do the same thing on this lathe enter MX1.5 INPUT, all it does is enters -1.5 into the offset. It enters a negative number because the M key is the Negative key. Same thing happens to Z as well.
When I try to do the Workshift in the same manner that works on every other Fanuc controller I've used. All it does if enters the number as above.

I looked through the old programs that where stored in this lathe, And I found that each tool offset was programmed Into the program as G0 G90 G92 X7.503 Z4.302.
I have never seen a modern CNC machine programmed this way. (FYI G92 takes place of G50 on this machine)
Is there a fix to this? I assume that some Parameter was messed up in this machine and was never corrected. I have the Fanuc manuals, and a Service manual from warner swasey but nothing in that manual is helpful.

Also, when you punch in G30 U0 W0 the machine moves to 2" away from X and Z home. I did find the parameter to change this 735 and 736. I tried using G28, but it would just try to plant the turret into the spindle.

And lastly, there is no Tool Wear under the offsets. I've never seen a controller without them. If it possible the software on this machine is corrupted which is causing all these problems?

I'm hoping this is something that I can fix on my own, sadly my experience with Fanuc controllers is very limited, especially the old ones.