Hi All

I have had my homebuilt finished for about 8 months now and have been experimenting with the different controll software. dont waste your time on any windows based controlls all are rough and jumpy except for master5 or the mach familly but they require a pretty healthy putter to run on. now onto the DOS systems they are all pretty good, I ve mostly used desknc and like it because of the graphics output turbocnc is also good as well as cnczeus with each of those my machine output and speeds where pretty much identical. I had not tried CNC Pro because of cost and figured the resulfts would be simular but recently decided I would install the demo and try it. Well the results are in and just by installing cncpro I went from a reliable 300 rpm usign any of the others. To a healthy 450 rpms and it is smoother than it has ever been including mach1. so that was about an 18 ipm minute gain just from installing cncpro I havent seen much input on this software here. I assume because of the additional cost over the others. but wanted to let you guys know that there claims of superior performance are based if facts. and the fact it will run like this on my p133 mhz offsets the extra cost I will be register my copy soon. Just my 2 cents

Regards Ray