Hello All,

I have been dabbling in CNC for around 4 years or so now. I started with the buildyourowncnc.com "book" build and have been tinkering with it ever since. I have successfully make a hand (small hand) full of items. With the MDF frame it seemed like there was always something going wrong, or breaking, or flexing etc. its time to upgrade. I have had my eye on CNCRP ever since i completed my build and wanted MMOORREEE ha.

Anyways, pending the sale of an asset of mine, I will have some extra money that i can "invest" into a machine. I was hoping to get some feedback on which route I should go. At first thought, I am thinking i would go with a 4x8 build to future proof my needs. I know it wont be everyday that i would need to cut a full sheet, but hey, i have the room. I am uncertain on weather i should go with a standard or the Pro though. I guess I'm having a hard time to telling the major difference between the two? From what I can tell though, is that if i were to go with the standard, i could potentially upgrade to the pro in the future if needed. Am I right?

I see that there is a hardware only kit, in which you have to hunt down the rest of the missing parts. is this route worth the extra work? The same goes for the electronics package. I plan to use NEMA 34's ( i currently have 23's on my machine now) in which i see there is a DIY kit for, but it seems that some features are missing compared to the plug and play one.

For the final piece in helping me decide is my budget. I will have roughly 6k to spend, with a little wiggle room if needed. I currently have the needed software, computer, a router (though would like to upgrade to a spindle if i can swing it), dust collection and some bits. I plan to sell the electronics of the old machine once i get the new one up and running. I also will either need to build a table for this thing to sit on, or get the table kit.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Thanks
BR