587,103 active members*
4,091 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > "Local CS transformation doesn't supported" in NC output

Threaded View

"Local CS transformation doesn't supported" in NC output

First of all I'm a new Sprutcam user. I briefly worked with CNC about 8 years ago and I'm now getting back into it a little. I'm currently tasked with getting a Tormach PCNC 1100 making chips and the CAM I have is Sprutcam. After a week of watching tutorial videos and learning lessons the hard way (trial and error) I finally created a program, sort of...

The part has machining ops on 3 sides. I read on here that some had problems with G54 "doing its own thing" in Tormach so the recommended fix was to use G55 for side 1, G56 for side 2, and G57 for side 3. I have 3 local CS's set up, 1 for each side. I was under the impression that I would be able to individually program each offset in Pathpilot but that isn't the case. When looking through the code, at the beginning of the block of code for each side I get 3 messages in parenthesis that say "Local CS transformation doesn't supported". A google search of that phrase tells me nothing but ultimately the problem is that I cannot individually offset each of my local CS positions.

Can I get some guidance (or pointers towards videos, articles, or help topics) that can better guide me through what I did wrong and how to individually set the program offsets for my local CS's?
    Last edited by CountryBoy19; 11-01-2016 at 01:33 PM.