I just scored a J425 mill from the model shop where I work. Purchased new in 1998, limited use in a non production model shop, mostly plastic, some wood.
It was pulled from service in 2003 due to a drive fault and no spare parts. Sitting in storage since.
I am upgrading the complete servo system and controls.
I am currently gutting the entire electrical system from the machine. It is completely intact other than three servo cards.
Is there any value in any of the electrical parts? I can not speak to the status of the parts other than what I know of the machine background.
I am installing the mill in my home shop, No 3 phase power. I can buy a vfd for the spindle, lotsa bucks, or more than likely pull the motor
and vfd and replace with something smaller. The current vfd is a Yaskawa 27P51B, I believe rated at 10 h.p.
The electrical prints indicate the motor is 5.5KW. Have not checked the nameplate yet.
Is it foolish to reduce the spindle to some where in the 3 to 5 h.p range?.
Thoughts? Anyway, I will try to sell off these electrical items, including the operator display and keyboard. I will keep the swinging pendant but the guts will be removed.
If there is any interest, please let me know. If this is the wrong forum for this, please let me know that as well.
Thanks for any input......