Greetings,

I have recently acquired a Takumi V8a Vertical CNC Mill which is using the Mitsubishi Meldas 520an controls. I have both a programmers manual and an instruction manual for the Meldas 520an controls but nothing to speak to the mill itself overall.

I have been fortunate enough to get the unit set in place, levelled, set up to the point there are no errors/alarms, and can manually exercise the table movements including moving/indexing the automatic tool changer (atc) forward and backward however I am unable to figure out how to load tooling into the atc. It is not covered in the manuals as far as I have been able to tell and I can see no method from the controller enunciation panel.

I am excited to get this thing to a point of being able to create 'stuff' and recognize I have a long way to go to both understand all the procedures and in addition converting from the dialect (English translation) of the country of origin (Taiwan) and English. I have a deep back ground in industrial controls and automation and understand and have written ladder logic programs but this is the 2nd vertical CNC I have owned... the first with sophisticated controls such as these are. My 1st vertical cnc is an old Bridgeport Series II with BOSS 6 controls.... very primitive by comparison.

Any assistance regarding this would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of a forum, help group, IRC channel, etc. that is specific to Takumi equipment I am all ears for that as well.

Thanks a bunch and take care,

hdokes