Hi All,

Have started a build on a vertical router. This will progress as I have the time but will be easier now since I finished my X2 mini mill. It will be able to cut some of the brackets I'll need.

The pictures attached show the main frames which are cut out of 3/4 Baltic Birch. I sanded and clear coated them with a Spar sealer.

One of the nice things about this concept is you can make it as long as you have space for. The bed on this one will 64" long which is all the space I have for now and is the proof of concept. If you want longer or shorter just add or subtract frames. This design also has a space to cut decorative columns up to 12" in diameter. The frames are spaced 16" on center.

It is assembled by sliding the frames onto the 2" and 4" tubes which are as long as you want to make the machine. Put on a frame then slide on a spacer made from schedule 40 PVC pipe from Home Depot, then add another frame then the spacer etc. Once it's all on then a piece of 1/2 all thread will tighten it together end to end through each tube. The picture just shows the top spacers hanging on the all thread and the bottom spacers are just on the floor. I pick up the aluminum tube I ordered tomorrow and then I'll post more pictures of how the main bed of the router goes together.