Time to start making the body.

Here are my bending forms, which were derived from the outline of the the guitar in the CAD model. They are actually reduced in size (offset from the outline) by the
thickness of my bending stack (sides, heating blankets, etc). The idea is to get them bent as accurately as possible to the desired model. These are used on the LMI bending machine, which is a derivative of the Fox Bender.

Attachment 353654

They bolt together in the exactly the same fashion as the ones you can buy from LMI.

Attachment 353656
Attachment 353658

Some pictures of the LMI bender in action

Attachment 353668
Attachment 353670
Attachment 353672

And then I have a body mold and cauls, all derived from the same CAD model. The difference between the mold and the caul is precise to account for the typical side thickness that I bend at (0.110")

Attachment 353660

The mold also mounts onto an "assembly platform" which has UHMV plastic inserts under the head and tail block areas. This way, I don't need to worry about glue squeeze
out sticking to it while assembling the ribs. This assembly platform is also indexable on the CNC machine (has a "zero" locator hole in it) for latter machining.... that will be another
post.

Attachment 353662

The molds are in single layers, and can be stacked with spacer to obtain any desired thickness for side support. More on why that's important later.

Attachment 353664