Just curious what everyone else's spindle runout was. I measure mine at the taper and got about .0008, almost a whole thou. Does this seem a bit excessive? My gear had mill drill was almost completely still when I took a reading with the indicator at the taper, and it was from Harbor Freight. My Bridgeport is almost as good as it.

Seems to get worse the further out. I was using an 1100 at Techshop Austin and when I try to run the exact same parts toolpaths, material, everything, I get a poorer finish and its a bit louder. Especially on a 1.5 by 3/8 keyseat cutter run on aluminum, I can hear it hitting one side and not the other. At the techshop one, the runout sound was there but barely and I got a great finish.

Here is a pair of parts that I made on either one. Both of these were made with the same exact program. On the rough one, I actually had to slow down that top pass because it was getting real loud, I thought my 3/16 bit would break.

Attachment 356788
Attachment 356790

Pretty much has been a struggle to make parts, having to modify all my programs cause I have broken 2 of my 3/16 high helix Destiny tool cutters when I tried to run them at the same speed as I did on the other 1100.

Anyone know a good spindle grinding shop in case I get no help from Tormach?

BTW, this machine is a few weeks old. and it reads almost perfect on the outside of the spindle nose, just off inside on the taper.

Thanks