I have an issue with the installation of the motor connection kit and have attached a copy of the e-mail I sent to Tormach. I expect to hear from them but this being the weekend that probably won't be until next week. I wanted to get this done this weekend so I decided to post here as well and see if anyone else has had this issue and how it was resolved before I take the time to fabricate a special bracket.

Has anyone had this problem and how was it resolved?

The model 770 PCNC I have is configured slightly different than that shown in your installation instructions for the “Motor Junction Box”. I understand the principal of what the junction box is supposed to do but I have questions as to the fit in my version of the mill.

1. Step 5 calls for the removal of the spindle mounting bolts and the rotation of the spindle to gain access to the junction box. As you can see in the photo below there are no accessible mounting bolts and the need to rotate the spindle is unnecessary since the junction box is readily accessible.

Attachment 360512

2. My main issue is with the new mounting plate for the junction box. As you can see in the lower left picture my mill has the power cable already connected to the existing switch plate bracket and the kit supplied mounting bracket having only one hole will not accommodate both the existing and new cable strain relief. Your installation of the new bracket is shown in the lower right picture and cannot be done with my mill configuration. What’s needed is a bracket with two holes to accommodate both cables. I could remove the existing strain relief but that would leave a “messy” transition between the existing flex cable and the wires to the junction box. A new bracket is a much better solution.

Attachment 360514Attachment 360516