Hello everybody!
My buddy got a chinese CNC router and I'm trying to get it working with Mach3. The machine came with a handheld pendant control which was extremely difficult to use, so we decided to reconfigure the machine to be controlled through a PC running Mach3. I have built a few Mach3 controlled mills before, so I didn't think I would have any issues. But none of those machines had a VFD controlled spindle. I have all the axis drives, home switches, e-stop, charge pump, etc. working correctly. I just haven't been able to figure out how to wire the VFD to the BOB so that Mach3 can control the spindle start/stop and speed. The spindle and VFD work, and I can manually operate the spindle from the VFD's front panel with setting F0.0 set to 3 (panel control select). Note that the original break-out board and handheld control were able to fully operate the spindle. But I swapped out the original BOB because it used a SCSI-2 type connection to connect to the control, and didn't seem to be compatible with a PC parallel port. Without any documentation available for that BOB (I searched for hours), I decided it would be easier to use a BOB with a standard DB-25 interface.

Here's the equipment:
Jcut 6090 CNC router
Sunfar E-300-2S0015 VFD with correct matching spindle motor
Unbranded chinese "5-axis breakout board"

The image of the breakout board is the only available documentation for it.
Here is a link to the VFD manual

When I connect the VFD's AI and CM terminals to the BOB's 0-10v "speed control output" (+) and (-) terminals respectively (and VFD setting F0.0 set to 1 for 0-10v control), the spindle constantly runs at 11000 RPM and I have no control of it in Mach3. I'm not sure if there are other settings I need to change, but since the VFD was already setup for the spindle motor, I am pretty sure that setting F0.0 (it sets the control method) is the only one that is relevant. The original BOB needed F0.0 to be set to 0 which selects digital input as the control method, but that won't work with this new configuration.
Also, I am not sure how to configure the spindle properly in Mach3. The ports and pins outputs screen has fields for step and direction pin numbers, but the "speed control output" terminals on the BOB aren't associated with any parallel port pins from what I can tell.

Thanks for taking the time to help me figure this thing out!