Hi guys,
I'm seriously looking at purchasing a Mazak VTC-41 (yasnak mx3 control system) for my workshop after sorting out a few issues that it currently has with it (see thread a few down). Now I have to learn how to drive it. I've got extensive cad experience with both solidworks and Autocad, and have used a cad operated hot wire foam cutter and a CNC router quite a lot. Both the cnc machines i've used previously we very easy to use, they just used a cad type software interface which you could import cad files into and add tool paths to. Now the machine i'm purchasing is a 91 model and is somewhat less user friendly. What's the best way or place to learn how to operate it? Can I use a software package to convert solidworks or autocad drawings to the format used by the yasnak control system? What sort of advice can you offer to help me out as i'm quite a begineer with g-code and cnc mills. How do you actually load programs into the machine's memory?, it appears to only have a serial type input. Sorry to pose such a beginners request, but these forums seem to be full of friendly and helpful people, it's really nice. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Cheers lads