I am new at this I have been a Electrical / Electronics field engineer for a long time and now retired doing what I like with model trains...I have been going through a few surgeries right hand , left hand, left eye I hope they are over for a while.

I am setting up my Mill for CNC

I have DRO's on all axis.

I got the Z-axis motor mounted.

Attachment 367394

New cabinets below the mill.

Changed out the bed,5013 Mini Mill Large Table Assembly, Solid Column Base

Air Spring Conversion Kit

I have a motor control system, Mach3, cabinet is mounted on wall need to install equipment.

The mill and lathe work was born out of my model trains and the repair I have been do. I started out with a Shure-Line and moved up to the Harbor Freight X2. Now that was sure shock to me.

I have some issues with the Mill motor stalling out with load need to investigate that, any help would be nice. It has belt drive.....not sure where that is coming from. Added a forward reverse switch...

I use Little Machine shop for my mill and lathe tools and equipment.

Here is a photo of the Z axis motor it is mounted and seems to manually work...going to test it life shortly....
Attachment 367398

I have to machine the mount for the Y and X axis that is going to be my next major project. I have some ideas and would be willing to talk to folks about their ideas.

The lathe is 8x12 and is mounted to the right of the Mill it is mounted on a two drawer lateral filing cabinet.

Attachment 367412

I am looking for comments on what I have done...I have an Elmer (if you are into Ham Radio you know what I am talking about.) But always looking for input.....O by the way I am a Retired Navy Chief....31 years.....