Quote Originally Posted by EPaczkowski View Post
I am new to CNC machining have no idea were to start the documentation with Mach 3 is good but I need to learn from the start the documentation seems to be geared to someone with a basic knowledge of a CNC machine.I am taking a CNC Machine operators class at the locale Tech school but we are working on a Hass machine so it is beneficial but not the same. I have run the wizards and have had some results but still need to learn. I just downloaded the new NSF Wizard add on (free to license Mach 3 owners) it seems to be much more user friendly. If you u tube NSF Wizard you can see a demo. The construction of the unit is good fit and finish is good. I have not got into the fine tuning of the machine/program, that is way over my head at this time.

The issues I had were some program and some of my own. Mach 3 and the mill directions were reversed and it was a matter of switching in the program. The one issue I don't like is when switching from Mill to Lathe the DRO readings don't change your axis's remains as if you were still in the mill mode. I was able to fix that by disabling the Y axis in the lathe program but 1 of the axis is reversed - and + reading . I was told by JT that I can change the - and positive on the DRO but have not researched that yet. I am considering making a switching box for the DRO activated by the Mill /Turn selector switch.

JT from shop master has been great to work with, he has responded to my questions in a timely fashion even the dumb ones.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you just checked my email
Regarding the DRO, they have made a software change in 2017 so that with a push of a button, the DRO display switches from lathe to mill mode and eliminates that confusion over which axis to read. I don't think any other combo machine offers this feature. Documentation is much better now as well, with a lot of .PDF files on their website for this and the older machines going back 30+ years.