I've run into a problem. Like most problems I've encountered using SpurtCAM, it's probably and easy fix if you know what you're doing. In this case, unfortunately for me, I don't know what I'm doing.

I've been able to setup and run my chamfering tool paths using a 45 degree chamfering tool but I recently bought a 90 degree four-flute carbide tool that is all well and good but when I went into the SprutCAM tool page to try to add it to my tool arsenal, I found that when I entered the number, "90" into the "Angle" text field it served only to turn my angled chamfering tool into basically a squared off flat bottomed end mill.

By entering 45, 60, 120 or anything other than 90 degree I got the corresponding angle at the tip of my tool; as indicated in the little graphics window of the tool page. But when I enter 90 degree, I get essentially a 90 degree right angle like that on the cutting end of a typical center cutting end mill.

Now, at this point some of you guys in the know are probably getting a good laugh out of my dilemma. When you've stopped laughing a bit, can you tell me what the easy fix is for this problem? I don't know the answer; and if I can't get the answer, this new chamfer tool will turn out to be just a really cool looking paper weight.

A little help please.

MetalShavings