Back again. Ok so my Kitamura OMB is still down, waiting on Servo RAM Chips, my Nakamura TMC-15 is down with a blown spindle drive, so Im messing with my other machine (thank god my Lancer is still up and running). I have a 1985 Nakamura Slant 1 with a 6T control. Its the older, bigger brother that came with the TMC-15.

I have never ever messed with a 6T control. Its always been O series or newer. I put a few tools in, got the offsets correct (Should also mention that X axis is backwards, but thats in another thread, seems that Naka made a lot like this).

Tool changes have me a little perplexed, and I think I have it figured, but wanted to make sure. If I command a G28 U0 W0 the machine will home, If I call tool T0202, the turret indexes to T2, then moves down the amount of the offset, essentially taking the tool tip to X0Y0.

I went through a bunch of programs that were in memory on the machine, and it looks like G50 has to come into play. Assuming that there is no "work offset" then I have to call the coordinate system with every tool change? Im assuming that a tool change needs to look like this:

G28 U0. W0.
T0202 G50 X(tool offset amount) Z(tool offset amount)

Ive tried this in MDI and it looks like it works and the turret indexes then stays put, which is what I want, no crashes. Just wanted to verify Im not doing something silly. Ive done some manual turning on here with the handwheel and the machine runs great, but its time to get some DNC hooked up and make some of my loan money back!!

Thanks

Attachment 380700