I've already received a bit of advice on this but I'm still stuck on this decision. I'm building a 2ft by 3ft machine for milling smaller aluminum and carbon fiber parts. Pretty sure a 1.5kw spindle is plenty of power for me but I'm limited by an er11 collet instead of er20. The 2.2kw spindle has er20, isn't much larger or heavier, and is also basically the same price, so it seems like a no brainer. Problem is, I only have a 20a 110v breaker. 2.2kw at 110v is exactly 20a and I don't know if 2.2kw is the output produced by the spindle, or the max draw of it. Also will it even get close to its max draw if I'm not hogging material, which I won't be. I would really rather go with the 2.2 if I can to have the bigger collet, but I just don't know if a 20a breaker on 110v will be enough. Another thought, in the event of a breaker trip, is there some way I can set things up so an E stop is triggered if the spindle trips it's breaker? In that case I would imagine it's no big deal, but if the spindle continues being fed into the material as it cuts off, probably gets pretty ugly.
Thoughts? Should I just go with 1.5kw and deal with er11? Or go with 2.2?