Dear All,

As much as I love my Cincinnati Arrow 750, it's driving me nuts!
I program everything (and I mean everything) offline with my CAM software and have done so for at least the last 6 years.
I'm getting an error when calling up drive "I" (RS232A - Background edit - drive select - option 4). I use CNC_COM to sort out the transfer etc. It started just last week when the system stopped mid program and the control then showed the error. I changed the PC I use as the slave machine and the first time I turned it on to try it, it worked. I then restructured my file system to how I like it and then it failed again. Pig sick of the whole situation, I turned the machine off for the weekend. The following week I reinstalled the original slave PC because it had other stuff on it I use and everything worked again. It worked fine until this morning, same problem.
I checked the cable connections (again) wiggled this and that but no go. I'm fairly sure the PC is OK and the cable that connects it to the machine. So I have concluded it must be a fault within the main cabinet (der) but which bit?

Any ideas or comments on tests etc would be most welcome.

Please don't say "program it manually" as I machine a lot of 3D forms many thousands of lines long. (and I have forgotten how to).

Thanks,

RHK