Mach4 has been running fine ever since I built the CNC router a little over 2 years ago. Today I ran a quick job and on the last line of code, thankfully, the software locked up. I didn't think much of it, just figured it was a Windows 7 thing although it hasn't done this before.

I can't tell you which build I was running on Mach4 but it was probably way back around 4.2.0.3188, possibly 3196. It was working so I didn't see any reason to update it. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and using Kaspersky Total Security, neither of which has given me any issue.

So I shut the CNC down, restarted the computer, and then restarted the CNC. When I tried to launch Mach4 I got trojan warnings from Kaspersky and it proceeded to delete the 'offending malware'. I went to the FTP site and downloaded several of the updates and tried to install one. Each one I downloaded came with a malware warning but I downloaded them anyway, figuring that Kaspersky and Mach4 have all of a sudden decided not to play nicely together.

I tried the install and it goes about 5% and then Kaspersky finds the Mach4 core dll file to be bad and deletes it. I tried several versions of the updates. I can disable Kaspersky and the install goes just fine and Mach4 starts and runs the CNC without issue. If I enable Kaspersky again and try to run Mach4 then errors and warnings start popping up again. Once that happens Mach4 will no longer run even if I disable Kaspersky again, I have to do the process over.

Kaspersky is updated with the latest database and is set to pretty much default settings except that I have auto updates disabled on it and on the computer. Windows Defender is disabled, as well. I use Dropbox for my files so this computer is connected to the Internet and will stay that way. I realize a lot of folks don't like the controller computer to be connected to the Internet but using Dropbox is the way I transfer files, don't want to use a thumb drive. I have the ability to disable Wi-Fi on this computer and it is often NOT connected when I'm running larger files with longer run times. For short jobs that only take a few minutes I leave it connected.

So the question - is the issue with Mach4 or Kaspersky? Why would they all of a sudden stop playing nicely together? I've done full scan of the computer with Kaspersky and it finds no issue once the Mach4 core dll is gone. I can see if there's a way to exclude that file so that Kaspersky leaves it alone but again, this has worked without issue for over 2 years.

Thanks!
David