Quote Originally Posted by Erik F View Post
I think more or less we are basically doing the same thing?
Hey Erik do you have a welder or a friend with one? If so and the tube is off to much to square up with shiming the rails or something similar. You could always grind off the welds or cut the whole tube off get it squared up and reweld it. It would be basically free and just cost you your labor for a few hours of work. Just a option since I agree with you on not putting any more money into the machine it sucks but it's a option. Another way would be to remove the liniar rails fill the holes and tap new ones that are parallel once again just going to cost you some time and some welding supplies. If it's not on plane you can just shim the low side of the gantry where it attaches to the bearing blocks. It wouldn't be very difficult to do even though you shouldn't have to do anything if the machines were built properly from the beginning. Don't yard sale it yet the machines work really well once you get them dialed in, I still need to address some of the same things but I don't think mine is that out of spec. The main issue with mine is the flatness or lack of flatness where the liniar rails mount to the square tube same issue I think you're having. For me the short term fix was loosening up the bolts to the bearing blocks under the gantry. Fortunately I was able to get my steel gantry replaced with the old aluminum one he had, my gantry was way out of whack and swapping the components over to the extrusion made a big difference.