Hi everyone.

They are a happy owner of a Sieg X2 transformed by me into a CNC, I have created something wonderful, but now I need something more.
I went to a user who sells a Tormach PCNC 1100 in Italy, I think the only person in all of Italy to have one ...
Yesterday I went to see her and I brought the comparator behind to do some tests.

I positioned the comparator and verified the backlash between the various axes, here are the results:
Z axis: 0.001 inc (0.03 mm)
X axis: 0.003 inc (0.09 mm)
Y axis: 0.003 inc (0.09 mm)

The machine is in good condition, very little used, the Z axis has left me stunned, it was really good, but in my opinion the X and Y plane is very bad, moreover if I lean on the floor or try to push it in the various on the X axis there is a further backlash, small, but there is.

I read in the manual that a similar backlash is normal, but maybe I couldn't translate the text well.
here is the part of the manual:

Do you think the machine is okay?

I would like to understand if by recording the gib and the angular bearings I can reduce it, for me this is absurd.
In my self-made machine I have a backlash of 0.001 in all the axes ...
it doesn't seem normal to me that there is such a game in a machine of this size, even if it is economic.

I ask you experts for advice.

Thanks in advance

Federico
Italy