Hey all. Just thought I'd let everyone know that I was still alive and kicking. Been super busy with other things in life.

A quick up to speed on my machine. Finally got a hold of Nate and made arrangements to swap the machine. Made the journey back in the beginning of March to Lebanon Pennsylvania from about an hour north of Toronto Canada. Crossing the border both ways was surprisingly easy this time as a had absolutely every bit of paperwork in order. Nate roughly paid for my gas and threw in a few bits and whatnot. Checked out the new machine while there. Y-axis rails seemed much better, in plane and weren't bent/angled in. The rails were ever so slightly out but that was something I decided I could live with. Having said that, I should've paid attention to the gantry and z-axis a little more, as when I got back and got the machine back on the table, I noticed that the gantry was tilted back a bit, which causes the z-axis to essentially come down on an angle instead of straight down. I've since shimmed the back of the gantry with some washers and shimmed the z-axis plate with some aluminum foil. Still not perfect and not a permanent solution but, it will do for now. Seems like I traded one problem for another, however this one I can work around for now and actually fix locally. Other than that issue, it seems to work pretty good. The rack isn't tight or snapping anymore; it moved exactly how much I tell it to; all electronic issues worked out. I've actually mate quite a few signs on it for friends and family. I even tried out a but of 3d carving with a 1/8" ballnose a few weeks ago. Really neat! Wife was impressed. I'll post some more things one here like thoughts and pics of what I've done so far. Pretty basic level compared to some of the stuff I've seen on here but, I still like doing it.

Cheers!

Leon