587,990 active members*
4,639 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Harbor Freight mill conversion to cnc

Threaded View

Harbor Freight mill conversion to cnc

A while back I started a thread on converying a Grizzly 9 X 19 G4000 lathe to cnc (http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26530) and created a bit of interest but had to put off continuing the project due to health concerns My health has recovered but my shop is cold and I can't risk another infection so it will have to wait till spring.

I love this hobby so much and I want so much to share any gained knowledge and experience before I'm taken away so I've decided to begin sharing the conversion of a Harbor Freight Table top mill with any who might be interested. These are my motives so forgive an old man his fallibility while I pass the time till warmer weather.

After reading an article in Home Shop Machinist I decided to use some of their ideas to convert a manual mill that I'd had in my shop for a number of years.

Using ½ inch plate aluminum, a hole saw and a chop saw I fashioned some stepper mounts as shown in these photos.

I think I'll pause here to invite comments and conversation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.jpg   03.jpg