While not a 770, I had a Tormach PCNC 1100 for over 10 years and recently sold it to upgrade. During my time of ownership, the machine was incredibly reliable and the support/service was 2nd to none. Even well after the warranty expired, Tormach would still answer questions or help if I needed it.

I had the choice to by a very clean Hass Mini Mill or a new Tormach.1100 M+ Both were roughly the same price. I chose the Tormach for one primary reason, long term cost running costs. IF the Haas had a failure, related to the spindle o control boards, things get expensive very quick.

Yes the Haas is a much more capable machine with regards to MMR and accuracy. Even with that, having a new machine with a warranty, proven support track record, and accuracy around .001" when care is taken, was all I needed.

Thinking long term, like my previous machine, repairs were fairly inexpensive and parts were readily available from Tormach.

IF you are making a living and parts production is really important and you can justify the possible support costs, then the Hass very well may be the better choice. If you are a Hobbyist or small production person like I am, the Tormach may be a good choice for you.