I'm considering building a welded steel frame gantry router and am trying to line up all the help I would need on it in advance of ordering parts and starting some of the assembly. Post-weld heat treatment aka stress relief is something I haven't been able to get quotes on yet.

In the Portland, Oregon area, I've found two businesses so far that advertise it: Stack Metallurgical, which was recommended to me in a call to Machinists, Inc., and Columbia Steel Casting, Co. Columbia and Machinists Inc I both found on a ThomasNet search: https://www.thomasnet.com/oregon/hea...7380805-1.html. So far Stack hasn't gotten back to me. I just put in a message with Columbia explaining what I'm looking for but I'm not all that optimistic since like Stack they seem to be targeted at huge business-to-business operations.

So that's been my search so far. How have you been able to source help for this step? Wondering if I'll run into the same type of problem when getting ways milled flat after heat treatment as well.