Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Man View Post
Hello Strantor

I refitted a Denford NovaTurn with IBOB2, AMD GizmoSphere I, Yaskawa SGDA 01AS Servos, Mesa 6i25 / 7i77. Pathpilot is the control. Analog +- 10V fully closed loop.

See my work here; https://www.cnczone.com/forums/bench...754-cnc-2.html

More is posted on the Denford site; NovaTurn Servo retrofit AMD Gizmosphere iBOB2 PCIe x1 - Denford Software & Machines

As far as servos go, ebay can be an excellent resource for industrial drives (Yaskawa, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Omron, etc. The only downside is that you may have to wait, to find good deals.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Iron-Man
Nice! Similar story...

I'm a Controls Engineer; I design control systems for industrial process equipment (conveyors, palletizers, extruders, etc.) and CNC is more of a hobby. But people usually assume I'm some sort of "whiz" or "hacker" and throw random stuff at me. Just so happens I had a customer with a Denford NovaTurn he got at auction. He couldn't run it because it didn't come with the license floppies. He sent me home with the PC and wanted me to "hack" it. I told him I would evaluate it and see if what could be done. I spent a couple of hours and came to the conclusion that it needed a retrofit. I offered to quote him, told him it would probably cost more than the machine was worth, and of course he declined. I think he sold it on eBay. Maybe you bought it?