Yeah I’ve just heard back from linearmotionbearing2008 regarding a 20mm doublenut ballscrew for the y axis. When I was talking about machined ballscrew I was talking about the ends machined by him linearmotionbearing2008 . Precision Mathews sold a 1127 6-8 years ago. I acquired it used. I have a PM25 thats been converted to cnc . I also have a PM45 CNC that they put out for a short while. You had to run it really slow or it would miss steps. I think they probably caught a lot of flack from customers. I got it used at the same time as the 1127 lathe. I’m almost done with it as I upgraded to DMM sevos and Centroid Acorn operating system. I’ve also built a belt drive, 1.8kw servo for the spindle motor and PDB. I’m approximately half complete on building a counter balance for the z axis. I’m not letting myself start actually working on the cnc conversion for the lathe until the PM45 mill is done. I do know parts from China take awhile to get. So I needed to research and get them ordered. I checked on C5 ballscrews, 3000 was eye opening. Nice chat. Keep after it.
Sincerely,
D. Autry

Thanks for the nice words. It's taken a little over a year so far but coming along nicely.

I had good luck with linearmotionbearings2008, no experience with zyltech. I didn't think ball screws were machined? I'm familiar with rolled and ground, but not machined. The ground look real nice but cost buco bucks unless you find a deal on used.

CL_MotoTech mentioned converting his 1128 lathe. I wonder if that is similar to yours? It could be a typo for an 1127, or a typo for an 1228. It would be nice to have a lathe slightly larger than a 10" but for me space is crazy tight.

Will you start a thread on your build?

Thanks.

Hugh[/QUOTE]