Hi,
I've always run a big trusty Porter Cable router but decided to upgrade to a spindle, so I purchased a 4 bearing 2.2KW water cooled spindle and VFD from Amazon.

Spindle - says Zhong Hua Jiang, no part number, 8.5 A 220 VAC 400 Hz
VFD - Huanyang HY02D223B

Problem - Motor exhibits peculiar erratic brrring sounds on top of smooth bearing sounds.

I've never had a spindle before, expected the noise to be constant and smooth. I'm still in the 30 day return window and wondering what I should do.

I couldn't attach the video directly, but the .zip file has a MOV file and longer .mp3. I'd sure appreciate it if someone could take a quick listen and let me know what you think.

I hooked my scope up to the VFD output. It looks REALLY messy, don't know what's up with that. The changing waveforms look problematic, but they don't seem to line up with the noise bursts, otherwise I'd blame the motor noise on crummy waveforms from the VFD.

BTW the motor rotates freely by hand, no perceptible bearing problems. Also note, I've made no changes to the VDF factory setup. Don't know if that could be a problem.