Hello,

The machine, a Blue Elephant, came equipped with a B axis (i.e. rotary parallel to Y), equipped with Syntec 6MB. I have no issues with creating rotary files in Vectric Aspire. The issue is HOW to properly set up machine controller paramters to run rotary file. I assign my material center as Z=0 (as opposed to material surface). I was instructed to enter the absolute difference between T1 at the sensor and T2 at rotary material center (which is beneath my machine table height) as z external shift value. Not sure why this is preferable to just taking T1 to the rotary material sensor and entering that (negative) value as G54 Z. Oddly, I'm seeing that any change of Z reference within G54 offset table does nothing. I can enter (to make my point) 16 or I can enter 0..........same difference. The only variable affecting Z height seems to be the external shift value, which invalidates the entry of absolute value differences as stated above.

I've owned this machine for 4 years, but have had zero need for rotary facility in all this time.

HELP!! I may also be reached at [email protected]