Hi,

I just bought a ten year old as new Plasmacam table - unfortunately without pc or software.

Plasmacam say they will transfer the ownership, but that the software that goes with my machine is no longer supported or available. Seems like manufactured obsolescence to me. New software from them would cost $2000 which I'm not keen on spending in order to get on their treadmill. The machine only cost me £1070 off Ebay!

I'm looking at my options:

1. Upgrade using the C&CNC kit (if they will ship to the UK) which is expensive but ticks all the boxes.

2. Fit Geko G320X drivers for the X & Y, generic stepper driver for the Y, and then upgrade using the Myplasm kit and software. This looks very user friendly but would need more work and setting up than opt 1.

3. Use Geko drivers and a generic 3 axis CNC controller, Mach 3, and Sheetcam. This is a bit cheaper than option 2 but would entail a lot of work and setting up etc.

4. Very reluctant to swap out the servos for steppers and then use controls as in opt 3.

I suspect lots of people will have been through this process and any advise or comment on my options (or others I should be considering) would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance for any input.