I dont have much success, and after spending years on the build of my own machine, upgrade after upgrade. Going from Mach 3 to the ESS Mach 4 has been a downgrade in the probing routine. Ive posted on the ESS Forum but no answers or robust troubleshooting advice unfortunately.

Im not a novice but also dont know a lot. I use the Mach 4 Touch Module. And it works about 50% of the time. The remainder of the time the ESS puts my machine into EStop with no reason why. I end up spending more time trying to setup a WCS than the actual machining. Stupid really tbh.

So most times, the probe will strike, pause, and either back off with a success, or, it will Estop. Every single time the probe strikes I see an indication on the screen. Originally I thought it might be noise so I have increased the debounce to 250 but still its very unreliable.

All of my cables are shielded and the shield earthed at one end only to avoid the ground loop.

When it works it works fine.

I was wondering if its a computer hardware problem possibly??? As I understand it, the probe strikes, reports position, then returns. Is this possible whats going on with mine its having trouble "reporting"?? I am so much at a loss I am grabbing at straws to resolve this quite horrible problem when I only want my machine to work properly like I built it. Software, I dont know much about.

Please help. I do have about 100 logs of failed probing routines but cant make any sense of them. Perhaps I ditch the ESS and get something with better results or perhaps its my own build, although it was fantastic with Mach 3.... I need to be able to probe. I need help please.