587,226 active members*
3,117 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC "do-it-yourself" > Milli a new composite mill kit

Threaded View

Re: Milli a new composite mill kit

Hi,
    I checked and your spelling is correct. I was very impressed with the design and construction of the Blokart, so very simple but with some very well thouight out design features
    that make it fun and safe. I've seen youngsters of ten years get in one and within half an hour are careering around, often getting better speeds than you....damn their eyes!!

This is an excellent example of the sort of design finesse that Mom was questioning. The Blokart has a flexible mast which makes it forgiving in gusty conditions but also
    touches the ground first in a 'capsize' which markedly reduces the buffeting to the sailor. The wide spacing of the rear wheels also aids in that the sailor, even in the event of a 'capsize' never hits the
    ground. What may not be apparent from a glance is the quite extremme caster applied to the front wheel, gives great turning effect yet does not 'dig in' and flip the kart and sailor over.
    All-in-all a very simple and well balanced design. Bet that did not happen overnight!

If anyone reading has a chance to try one....take it with both hands, it will be an experience you never forget.

Attached are a couple of pics of the pattern for my headstock.

Craig
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pattern1.jpg   Pattern2.jpg