Howdy all .

My name is Kent as the rest of you, I was really intrigued by Joes Design .So I purchase a kit, and have slowly (after a stupid mistake (chair) glued up Z carriage wrong) been assembling it. I have completed glue up and primed all but the Z-axis carriage ( Hopefully this is the only big mistake:stickpoke , thankfully Joe is or has cut me another) I went with the 4 Axis HCNCPROPKG Package w/ 200oz-in Stepper Motors. I have assembled the board and tested it for the first voltage of 5 volts; then completed the build of the controller card. I have not built the power supply, as I have been trying to figure out what to put it in. I have since acquired a equipment rack and have commenced to tearing it apart and configuring it to be home for 19 INCH CRT, Computer and Controller. This project has also caused me to upgrade my non existent shop. Needed air compressor to paint this thing, Opp’s silly me I’ll need a sprayer also :devious: I also picked up a dust collector. I hope to locate it outside in a cabinet. I am sure I will also need to upgrade it with JLT’s ATC that is so cool. Well this is just my intro. I have been following all the Joe2006CNC builds and have learned many things from all you fine folks. I wish at this time to thank all of you for your time and effort to help everyone who tackles this finely engineered DIY CNC. Of course a big thanks to Joe for sharing his design, advice and encouragement.

O/K now that I buttered you up :wave: I have a question about computer requirement. I plan on using Mach 3, and VCarve / PhotoVCarve. I have quite a few computers that could be used for this project. Ranging from dual processor PIII 600 MHz to a 2.4 P4. I guess what I am wondering, is having to much processing power just a waste? I really hate slow computers. But figure most of the real work can be done on a fast computer and then loaded into the CNC computer. As you may have figure I am a complete Newbie when it comes to CNC. I just had to make this my education project for the year. I hope to learn and have as much fun as the rest of you seem to be having. Maybe I’ll even have to learn video editing so I can be a “Star” like Jay