I too have ordered the 24x36 kit. I have spoke with Sandy several time except for the last time I has a question. I was also told that he is no long with their company. On my initial contact with Sandy he told me that this router should use steppers not servos. Not sure if this is really true or not but I was told that servos were not recommended. I didn't think twice about the comment as I wanted steppers anyhow. I have placed several calls to them about questions before and after my purchase. Some of these placed calls were answered right away other I had to leave a message. The times that I had to leave a message they called me back the same day. My last call was to verify stepper driver configuration for the y axis. I left a message in the morning. Melody called me back mid afternoon, apologizing for it taking so long. She was not sure of the answer to my question so she had Mark (who assemble these tables) call me back. He called me back a couple of hours later and answered my questions confidently.

My experience with DynaCnc to date has been good. Every one that I have talked to have been very pleasant and helpful (Sandy, Melody, & Mark). Would I like to have had my phone call answered by a person right away instead of leaving a message? Sure, but getting a call back the same day was fine. My router has not been delivered as of yet so I can not comment on them meeting delivery times or on quality. It been 4 week now so if they meet the 6 week timeframe I should get delivery during my vacation I have scheduled. I any are interested I can report back my experiences when I get my table.