Chinese Laser BFIWMM...

BEFORE I WIRE MY MONEY.........

I know some people have had horror stories and I do not discount them. I have spoken to many owners and seen two working machines as I write this.

SO Has anyone had overly BAD dealings with www.hxlaser.com, Rabbit Laser, Frank Fang with Ethan Fang in Plano, TX or HXLaser? Please let me know as I have settled on this machine (HX-6090SE) for several reasons. I know Frank will see this as he is online from time to time so Frank please don't be offended, I'm doin my homework! Frank people have spoken well about the product so thanks for your hard work.

Like many I have been looking at these Chinese lasers and first off I'm a newbie in this "laser" field. Over the last several years I have been purchasing retail (sudo-wholesale) services of a local laser house (trophy shop) who is very helpful but not that much of an expert with their two small US brand rf laser 25w systems. Due to my volume and desire for additional use I have finally decided to buy a laser. Plus if you have to tell the guy's employee how to do something simple in Corel (like hide layers), well maybe they aren't that experienced in the world I need.

Now we have metal working Fanuc Cnc's in our shop, Corel X3, Solid Works, ACAD, MasterCam etc so the method of marking on materials is not new at all it's just manual (physical) in-house and on metal using mills and such. We engrave aluminum products on our machines all day long. Debugging software quirks is a normal job and nothing short of common so the problems some people are having with these imports doesn't bother me too much. I like a little challenge sometimes. As long as freight handles the machine within reason I believe I'll be OK.

Having shopped the US brands, spoken with enough people who have had these Chinese lasers (more than 6 months) and gut checked my own self I'm making the plunge for a 24 X 36 unit from Rabbit. For the cost of even a moderate US model I can buy THREE of these units and frankly for what I need I'm willing to be a test subject. The HX6090SE has the similar operation (print driver) direct from whatever software I'm running as the US models versus the off-shore software which you must convert files to for many of the other Chinese brands. So I believe the learning curve will be moderate just understanding the various layers needed for different depths of engraving of images.

All that said I'm ready for that purchase. I could pay quite a bit more for that US distribution supply with US support but I already sell products into a different distribution channel so I understand all about that profit margin. What can I say I like a deal and direct to the manufacturer is always the least expensive route. I'm pretty certain that this is the manufacturer and they have someon here in the US to help with support.

So unless someone contacts me with blood dripping from their wrists from their HXLaser experience I'll simply document my experience here for everyone to witness. Wish me luck!

Pete aka Pedroman