This would be my first attempt at building/designing any kind of cnc machine.

I'm building my macnine based on what i want it to do, but i'm using alot of ideas of Greolt's ideas from his "another aussie router". Pretty much most of design is based of his machine.

Macnine will is going to be aluminum with 3" channel frame, Bosch Rexroth rails, Rack and Pinion Drive (dual on x) and normal on y. Z will use lead screw.

I'm expecting to get 28"x20"x6" cutting area. Over all frame size is 1000mm x840mm.

My goal is to spend under $1500. So far everything is looks like i will make it just under that mark.

Gantry will be made of 3/4" aluminum bar. Mostly 6" wide. Some of the aluminum was free, so it saves quite a bit of cost.

Here are few pics of frame welded. Also drilled and tapped holes for one of the rails today.

Here are few bits for Z axis:

I still havent decided on what electronics/motors to use, i was thinking keling 4 axis 425 oz-in set, but still not sure. Really would like gecko's but thats too expensive at the moment, maybe on next machine. So any suggestions are welcome.

Gear racks havent been ordered yet, waiting on rails to be mounted, also not sure how i'm going to make the bracket(design wise). Most likely it will be reduced to 5:1. Also suggestion are welcome on this.

Here is quick sketch of what i want it to look like: